Monday, May 10, 2010

Spring Planting Preparation

I try not to think about it but tomorrow my plants are being delivered to fill my fields and labyrinth.  I don't like to think about it because I get too excited about it all.  It is such a thrill to open up these boxes and smell the fresh fragrance drifting up to my nose from the  box.  Sarah at Stonegate Lavender in Oregon has taken good care of us these past few years and I can't recommend her enough.  This year we are adding some new varieties, Buena Vista, Folgate, Sharon Roberts.  Sarah is also sending me an assortment to test in our climate.  I have noticed that compact tight growing varieties seem to respond better in our climate than some of the more loose splayed open growing varieties.  So that is what I have requested from Sarah.  We are hoping to start propagating our own this year though I haven't been extremely successful at that.  I think I have worked out where some of my errors have been and Sarah gave me a few pointers on her video online, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVKKBGOChmg.

No comments: